Friday, January 2, 2009

Life Lessons: High School Reunion



It has been 22 years since some of us met, yet for a few hours, we all chatted easily and excitedly of our common past and shared our different present. As I start preparing Lessons for my students in the new year, I was glad I was reminded of the Life Lessons I had received as a teenager from this group of people, my friends from the hostel, secondary school and junior college.

Some among us lived together at the old NTI campus. Blocks 7 and 11, where many of us lived for four years, today, is walking distance from my office at the NIE. They are still there. Some of us lived in the dilapidated HDB flats at Ho Ching Road. Block 115, where we survived for two years, today, is no more there although I can see the spot it used to stand from my kitchen and bathroom windows. It is now a multi-storey carpark.

These are places we interacted and learnt Life Lessons.

Photographs by Kwangs http://pix.kwanghuiseto.com/gallery/6986803_zYV5Z

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete